Being happy is a choice. It’s hard and sometimes questionable but in the end, you’re the only one responsible for your happiness. You can’t rely on other people to make you happy. You can’t blame them for why you’re sad or troubled. Blaming them will only make you more in-prisoned of your past. Every one of us wants to be happy and live simple but there are trials and struggles we always encounter and its a part of our daily lives.
I’ll be sharing my 5 main reasons why I choose to be happy after a heavy storm in my life.
- I want to live happily – Who does not want to live a simple life without worrying about what will happen or lose? We’re in the middle of a story called “Life” and living happy is everyone’s desire.
- I want to be contented – Most of us have towering dreams and goals in life that we are eager to get or achieved. Have you thank God for what you have now? Are you contented with the people around you or do you still want to get everything you dream of? We just borrowed our lives to our one true God and he can get it without you knowing. Live your life to the fullest and enjoy what you have and never compare your journey to other people.
- I want to be at peace – Struggling and overthinking is normal but is it helpful or breaking you down? I know overthinking is part of our daily lives and struggling is its twin. Avoiding too much overthinking and changing it to more positive thoughts will really help us to be happy. Problems came from too much-overthinking and its literally killing our happiness, relationships, friendships, and even ourselves. Choosing to be at peace is choosing more positivity than the negativity of our lives.
- I want to love – You can’t love if you’re in pain. Love covers multitude of sins and it is the only way to conceal and heal a broken heart. Living in the past and hatred won’t help you go on with your life and to love other people who truly care and loves you. My favorite verse in the Bible about love, “And now these three remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” – 1Corinthians 13:13
- I want to be myself – I’m a happy and jolly person. I joke around and make other people laugh. Being your self is the best make-up you can put on. We are not perfect and we have so many differences as a person and these differences will fulfill every loophole of our lives. Like, you’re good at acting but I’m not but I’m good at dancing and you’re not. These differences will help every one of us to be complete and happy. We’re all gaining new skills, ideas, knowledge, and friends.
There’s a lot of reason to be happy. So get out to your comfort zone and explore your self. Spread your wings and find what really makes you happy. We only live once, so you better make the best out of it. Don’t be afraid of doing what you love as longs as you’re doing it right. Pray and ask God for his guidance.
Always remember that happiness is a choice. Start to smile and forget what’s bothering you. You are the only one responsible for your happiness.