Well most of us have different stories to tell. Different experiences, heartbreaks, and lessons learned. I am part of the No Boyfriend Since Birth club because I haven’t experienced serious relationships or “with the label” as such. Maybe because I don’t go out often or explore many things. I always stay in my comfort zone specifically my home. Home to school and vice versa is my usual and everyday destination way back then. I don’t hangout with my friends often like outing, mountain climbing, birthdays and other occasions because my parents won’t allow it. Luckily, in my college days, maybe there are 2-3 outings they allowed me to go because they knew very well my close friends. Usually, my circle of friends in school is my only friend. I don’t go to parties and clubs. I don’t drink or do such things because I’m just not used to it. I’m an introvert and a house person.
I do have an experience when someone confesses their feelings at me and we became friends because I am not ready and I see him as a very good friend of mine. There’s a time when I was just being friendly and at some point, this creature took advantage of me. Like he did trashy shits on me and his reasons for doing so were just because I am very good to him, he found that I am his comfort zone, I cooked for him, I listened to his everyday experiences and more. But hey, it doesn’t mean that a woman is being nice to you or treating you with respect means that you have the power to do what you desire or what your body wants. I really hate that creature for treating me like a woman of lust.
So that’s the reason I had my trust issues in real. Like, am I worthy to be love? Am I that low to ruined? Am I a bad person? I just treat everyone nicely but why they are being so irrational? So here are my 5 reasons why I am still single
- Reality – I had a bad experience and maybe it might happen again. I am scared that my feelings be ruined and lose myself. Maybe, I am just scared to be hurt by someone I’ll love so faithfully.
- Physical – As you browse your social media or explore outside your house, there are tons of people who are absolutely gorgeous and close to perfect. I’m not that type. I don’t go to the gym often to have a sexy figure, I don’t put too much make-up on, I’m not confident to flaunt myself to everyone, and I don’t find myself attractive and I have so many imperfections.
- Career – I am focused on my studies and I wasn’t able to notice that time passed so fast and I am still single. I don’t usually hang out just to meet boys or go to a party just to have fun. At some point, I want to try it to know how does it go but, I can’t. My inner self won’t allow me.
- Right One – I’m that type of woman who dreamed to find someone who’ll accept and love me as true as it can ever be. I just want to have a simple happy family in the future. God only knows the right one for me.
- Trust – Trust can be gain by anyone who puts an effort into it. But once it breaks, it will be difficult to assemble the way it used to be. Since I had a bad experience, trusting and believing to a man showing his love and affection towards me made me confused and scared that he will just hurt and ruin me again.
So these are my top five reasons why I am still single and scared to fall in love again. However, these are just reasons because we never knew what God’s planned for us.
In relation to my Convert story. Religion is another factor in choosing the right one to love. I will make a separate post about it.
What’s your story? Are you lucky in love? Let me know! 😉